Row over yoga pants ban continues in Wisconsin school

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Before banning any article of clothing ask yourself: is this worth pulling a girl out of class and interrupting her learning?

Boys should learn to focus and control themselves, Ember. It’s not up to the girls to make sure the boys in class aren’t distracted.

Wtf America?! Who gives a f... Your kids are being gunned down in school and this is the biggest thing you're moaning about.

A certain side of the political spectrum definitely seems to see yoga pants as a bigger threat to our kids than guns.

Make all students wear Hogwarts robes. Problem solved.

How about you let people dress themselves and mind your business?

When I was in college, I saw girls wearing sleeveless shirts, yoga pants, shorts way above the knee, short dresses, etc. Somehow the boys were still able to learn and focus. Amazing concept, right? How about teaching your sons to control themselves and expect them to respect women and their boundaries?

Some women should never, ever wear these !

Tom Fortner it's about comfort not what you think looks good or bad.

Will we see ban on men’s attire one day as well? We’ve been exposed to skinny jeans on men for years and yet we didn’t apply for an official ban against it even though it’s a torture to our eyes! Hypocrisy!!

Schools may not say they are worried about “Appropriate attire” until they stop forcing cheerleaders to wear miniskirts to class on game day. Where is the logic when yoga pants are forbidden but skirts so short you can see undergarments are required?

And the football players’ uniforms are basically leggings as well, but nobody wants to ban that.

Students in grade school and high school should wear uniforms. Period. Kids are kids. Until they graduate HS, they shouldn't have much of a say in anything regarding themselves. When in the H did this nightmare start -- we've got kids running their homes and parenting their parents. And we wonder why we have the problems that we do with kids today.

once upon a time, leggings were underwear.

And back then women wore wool dresses to swim in...

appropriate attire - really? nothing like shamings girls when boys get away with worse. School is for learning not fashion patrol.

These leggins are NOT APPROPRIATE at all for public use!! Home...OK. ..exercise ...fine !! But for regular wear a BIG NO!!!

I think that yoga pants should be required.

Well, maybe not in high school, because that's kinda creepy. But definitely in college.

Wear what you want but if you are not taken seriously or respected or listened to that is a consequence of your action. Dress professionally and present yourself as a serious person and you will have cache, unless you are working out or coming home from the gym or are an instructor try something else.

You can sexualize and sort of attire. How have we not banned school girl uniforms yet?

God Bless the inventor.

Row over yoga pants ban continues in Wisconsin school.JPG

I have seen some that are so stretched they become transparent. If worn correctly they are fine. But if they don't fit you, then No

My child's elementary school's dress code dictates that if a child (gender isn't specified, but yoga pants have yet to catch on with the boys) wears leggings and such, they must also wear a top or something that covers their bottom.

It isn't so much the sexism, but the implied sexualization that disturbs me. After all, her dance and gymnastics clothing is certainly much more form fitting. How do I explain to a six-year-old why her clothing is appropriate in one situation and not another? There are certainly better, less puritanical ways to teach boundaries and bodily autonomy, which ideally should have been discussed to some degree before they even start school.

Easy fix, it's simple, wear yoga pants with a LONG shirt and everyone is happy!!

FIXED IT. You're Welcome.
Now, on to The Bat Signal and the real work.

How did they manage in the 60s when mini skirts were exactly that, mini. It's just fashion, I wear this sort of thing every day as I go to the gym every day get over it and move on. Surely there are more important things to worry about?