What is Ambien 10 mg?
The generic name of Ambien 10 mg is Zolpidem. It is also called hypnotic. It is prescribed to treat the problem of insomnia and other sleeping related problem in adults. Ambien belongs to the class of drugs called sedative-hypnotics. It produces a calming effect on the brain. It makes you feel relax and makes you fall asleep. After examination, your doctor will decide the dose for you.
How to take and use Ambien 10 mg?
- Read the medicine guideline carefully.
- Tell your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the medicine or dosages.
- Take this medicine by mouth.
- Consume this medicine without food.
- Do not take it with food or after lunch or dinner.
- The dosage of the medicine depends upon various factors like age, gender, health, response towards medicine.
- Do not make any changes in medicine on your own.
- Do not suddenly stop the consumption of this medicine because it may cause withdrawal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, headache, etc.
What are the side effects of Ambien 10 mg?
The side effects of Ambien are listed below-:
- Chest pain
- confusion about identity
- unusual sense of well-being
- racing heartbeat
- feeling sad or empty
- general feeling of discomfort
Many side effects do not require medical attention; they go away with time as the body adjusts with the medicine.
Your doctor will tell you various ways to reduce the chance of side effects.
What are the precautions of taking Ambien 10 mg?
To avoid any possibility of risk to your health follow this points -:
- Always go through the warning section of the medicine.
- Tell your health consultant if you have any problem or allergy from Ambien or its active and inactive composition.
- Reveal all your medical history to the doctor like any heart-related problem, liver problem, kidney problem, blood pressure related problem, depression, mood swings, etc.
- This medicine makes you feel dizzy or sleepy, so avoid doing any activity which requires focus or attention like driving, operating machineries, etc.
- Do not take this medicine to the pregnant lady.
- Avoid using this medicine if you are breastfeeding because it may cause danger to infant.
- Do not take this medicine with alcohol or any other alcoholic substance.
- Keep this medicine in a safe place, especially away from children.